- Created by: Pokemon/Trainer
- Created on: 25-05-16 09:59
Ideas Behind genetic Engineering
Genetic engineering is the process of moving genes from one organism and placing them in another so that the receiving organism produces useful biological products. It really depends on the motive behind a specific case of genetic engineering as to what these useful biological products are.
The advantages include;
- you get the desired features
- you get new features
- it happens very quickly
The disadvantages include;
- could have unexpected harmful results
- the new DNA could mix with that from other organisms
- for example, weeds could gain herbicide resistance from the crops next to them.