- Created by: Pokemon/Trainer
- Created on: 22-05-16 18:00
Why can some mutations be beneficial?
- Occasionally, mutations can be beneficial.
- For example, if a different protein is produced, then it could actually be an improvement on the old one.
- This can give the organism a survival advantage over others in its population.
- This can lead to natural selection and evolution over time.
- Mutations can also cause resistance to some illnesses.
- Some mutations, however, make no difference.
- If it has no effect, then it is neither beneficial or negative, so no problems caused!
1 of 1