- Mutations are changes in the DNA of genes.
- Mutations occur at random.
- Some mutations are beneficial (helpful).
- Some mutations are harmful.
- Ionising radiation (Alpha, Beta and X Rays) increasing the rate of mutations.
- The greater the dose of the radiation, the greater the chance of mutation.
- Some mutations cause conditions which can be inherited.
- Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease.
- Sufferers from cystic fibrosis produce thick mucus which blocks bronchioles.
- It arises as a mutation.
- It is inherited as a recessive allele
If the allele for…