Definition: a strong emotional bond between a child and a parent which is characterised by distress or upset if separated and happiness when reunited.
1 of 3
- this is a strong bond between parent and child.
- if they are serparated the child becomes upset
- but when there reunited the child is easily comforted by the parent.
- most attachments are this type
- this is associated with a healthy development
2 of 3
there are two types:
- if a child is separated from the parent they child isn't that distressed and can be conforted by a stranger.
- this type if insecure attachment is shown by children who avoid social interaction with others
- the child is often uneasy around the parent but becomes upset if they're separated.
- confort can't be given by stangers or parents.
- children who show this type of attachment both accept and reject social interation.
3 of 3