A01 Institutional Aggression
1) The importation model - (Irwin & Cressey) :
- Social traits are took into prision - influences their adaptions to environment.
- Pre-exisiting factors of individual - Addiction, race and age.
- Coming from different subcultures - may see aggression as something that is valued.
Deprivation Model - (Sykes) : ----Aggression is a result of stress and oppressive condition
1) Deprivation of Liberty - Are rejected from society ( Uniforms, numbers, no rights)
2) Deprivation of autonomy - No control over choices, officers control their routines and actions
3) Deprivation of goods & services - Of things the outside world would have.
4) Deprivation of heterosexual relationships - female company valued, reduces mans selfworth.
5) Deprivation of security - fear of other inmates