Advantages of Parliamentary Law Making
- Made by democratically elected MPs.
- Bill is thoroughly examined - should be no loop holes.
- Whole areas of law can be reformed at once.
- Consultation process allows laws to be effective as experts have contributed.
- Allows parliament to set policies.
Disadvantages of Parliamentary Law Making
- Wording can be complex and formal.
- Don't understand what they can and can't do - don't know what the law is.
- Can lead to judges having to interpret laws.
- Governement decides timetable and what bills will be heard and passed - debates might be 'timed out' using the 'Gullotine' Rule.