- Created by: Natalie-Anne
- Created on: 10-05-16 17:55
- Thorough Process: 650 Mps Voting & Debating (Varied expertise); Detailed Committee Explanations; Open and Transparent Systems; Accountable to the Public.
- Democratic: Gov is elected by the people; Vote of No Confidence ensures any underperforming Gov is removed; MPs can put across views of all constituencies.
- Legislation made by Parliament can reform a whole area of Law: Fraud Act- Abolished old law on fraud and deception.
- Parliament can delegate other bodies to make law: Allows DL to be made by area experts.
1 of 3
- Flexible: There are a number of different types of bill that can be introduced into either house; All have an opportunity to introduce new bills.
- Hundreds of specialists and diverse expertise: Law Lords; Industry experts: Lawyers/Doctors etc; Past Gov leaders; Heads of COE
- Act as a check on Gov Power: Highlight Potential abuses of power; Highlight Anomalies (errors in proposals passed by HOC)
2 of 3
- Allows a final chance to stop abusive legislation becoming law: The monarch has the power to prevent any Bill becoming an AOP.
- Custom, tradition and involves head of state.
3 of 3
Similar Law resources: