Slides in this set
· Assess the claim that Thomas Cromwell had carried
out a `revolution' in Tudor govern-ment by 1540?
· Assess how far Thomas Cromwell achieved any two
of his aims in government in the 1530s. (Do not
include religious aims in your answer)
· Assess the claim that the reform of the Privy
Council was the most important of Thomas
Cromwell's achievements in government and
· The Payment of the Annates (submission of clergy)
· Act in Restraint of Appeals
· Divorce from Catherine of Aragon
· Marriage to Anne Boleyn
· Treason Act
· Act of Supremacy
· Act of Union & Liberties
· Dissolution of the Monasteries begin
· Ending the Dissolution of the Monasteries with £1.2 million revenue.
· Marriage to Anne of Cleves
· Execution…read more
·Grant Henry divorce through legislation,
break with Rome achieve Sovereignty
·Ensure Absolutism of King Henry- increase his
power is absolute in England as a vigorous king.
·Increase power of Parliament ensure that it
is the servant of the King.
·Modernised government (Bureaucratic)
reform it to a professional standard, effective
Trained by Wolsey & gained positions by recognising giving Henry
what he wishes will elevate him.
Skilful, able, hardworking & ambitious.
HELD MANY INFLUENTIAL POSITIONS:
-Chancellor of the Exchequer
-Master of the Rolls
-Lord Privy Seal
Wolsey died failing to grant Henry divorce from Catherine of Aragon,
with legislation & reformations ensured this.…read more