First 240 words of the document:
Questions to ask an author
1. Who is your favourite author and is your writing style similar to theirs?
2. How do you name and create your characters?
3. How do you get started with writing a story (as in, how do you start developing the story, how do
you get inspired for it)
4. What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?
5. How do you conceive your plot ideas?
6. Do you use real-life facts based on true stories?
7. What is your writing routine?
8. Which comes first? The character's story or the idea for the novel?
9. What advice do you have for someone who would like to become a published writer?
10. How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?
11. What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?
12. Do you research your novels?
13. What are books for?
14. How much of the book is realistic and personal?
15. Do you see writing as a career?
16. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in the way you approached
becoming an author?
17. What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing it to life?
18. Have you ever hated something you wrote?
19. What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?