Slides in this set
· Data can be qualitative or quantitative.
· Primary data is gathered first hand from a source/s directly
by the researchers.
· Example MILGRIM: collected primary data when he studied
obedience by a lab experiment.
· Example BANDURA ET AL: collected primary data when
they looked at children coping role models by lab
· Psychological studies mostly gather primary data.
· Questionnaires, observations, content analysis and
experiments are all used to gather primary data.
· Original data which presents new information and more
·Primary data has more validity as it is
gathered first-hand. The studies are
designed and carried out for the main
purpose of research.
·Primary data is considered to be more
Quiz Question 1
Name one weakness of primary data
Primary data is Primary data is very
more trustworthy. expensive to carry
Has validity as data is It's a great tool to
gathered first hand. use.…read more