Slides in this set
THE NITROGEN CYCLE.
· N. is essential to all living things.
· Its found in proteins and Nucleic Acids.
· Atmospheric N is very unreactive,
· NN it has a triple bond.
· N2 passes in and out of the plant; unused.
· To be of use it must be converted to either
NH3(ammonia) or NO3(nitrate).…read more
N. FIXATATION BY LIVING
· Mainly done by RHIZOBIUM bacteria.
· Which lives freely in the soil or .....
· On the roots of many plants,
· LEGUMINOUS plants such as peas,
beans and clover.
· Most N fixing occurs when Rhizobium
is living on plant roots.…read more