Slides in this set
· Prejudice to pre-judge someone because of the way
they look, where they come from and their religion.
· Discrimination- the actions of treating groups of people
Why are people prejudice?
· Family background and upbringing and the way we
are brought up family and peers.
· Anger or retaliation against something done in the
· Pride and envy- being jealous of others
· Ignorance not knowing any better or wanting too ignore
the fact…read more
Gender , Religion & Sexism
· Sexual discrimination happens when men
and women are not treated equally in
· Since 1975 when the sex discrimination act
made it illegal for women to be
discriminated against in the workplace.
Religious attitudes towards sexism
· Christianity teaches that everyone is equal
in the eyes of God. Therefore there is no
reason to treat people differently.
· Some Christian denominations have…read more
Religious attitudes towards
· Men and women are
equal before Allah
and have the same
duties and will face
the same judgement.
· Some Muslim women
wear the Hijab , and
clothes that cover
them with ,only their
hands and faces…read more
What is the difference between injustice and
· When you are denied
· Equal opportunities and
· When you're treated
· Being treated without
differently according to
prejudice or discrimination
your race, gender&
· Honest action
· When your human
rights are ignored or
How have Christian individuals challenged
Martin Luther King
· Martin Luther was a Christian who was committed to the
struggle against racism.
· He campaigned for equal opportunities for black people in the
· He believed that violence was wrong , he was influenced by
Gandhi ideas who said violence should not be used.
· Hatred and equality should be overcome by non violent
·Trevor Huddleston was an Anglican who spent many years
fighting against the racist system called apartheid in South
·He believed that it is the duty of Christian to stand up for the
oppressed and to oppose the unfair treatment of people
anywhere in the world.…read more