Slides in this set
Depressions And Human Activity
· You now know the type of weather
associated with depressions (warm, cold
and occluded fronts). You need to know
the impacts on people of the different
· In your own time complete all of activity 1
· Anticyclones are areas of high pressure
created by the jet streams Rossby Wave
as it turns towards the equator it slows
down excess air piles up and descends
towards the ground.
· In other words air descends from the
upper parts of the troposphere creating
high pressure at ground level…read more
What Type of Conditions?
· Use p.18 to find out the following about
1. Are conditions stable or unstable? Why?
2. What is `Adiabatic Heating'?
3. Why are skies usually cloudless?
4. What is a `temperature inversion'?…read more