Slides in this set
· Students from more wealthy
backgrounds tend to attain better in
education due to resources, private
education, grammar schools.
· Students from less affluent backgrounds
due to financial constraints are at a
disadvantage to their wealthier
Ethnicity and achievement
· Pakistan, Bangladesh and black
Caribbean tend to fare worse than
their white peers in education.
· Chinese and Indian tend to outperform
their white counterparts.
· Black Caribbean students are more
likely to be involved in disciplinary
procedures and 3 times more likely to be