Slides in this set
· How do dissolved materials get into and out of animals and plants?
· How are dissolved materials transported around the body?
· How does exercise affect the exchanges taking place within the body?
· How does the kidney help us to maintain our body? And how has biology
helped us to treat kidney disease?
· How are microorganisms used to make food and drink?
· What other useful substances can we make using microorganisms?
· How can we be sure we are using microorganisms safely?…read more
DIFFUSION IN THE BODY Oxygen diffuses in
n t o swap Out goes waste
s e d iffusi need for
Cells ygen they e they no
the o on dioxid t
the ca longer wa
Other examples of where diffusion happens in humans:
Alveoli in the lungs Villi in the intestines…read more
· Excellent blood supply due to
loads of capillaries for optimum
diffusion pace and to maintain
a good diffusion gradient
· Huge total surface area for
· Moist surface for gas to
dissolve in during diffusion
· Thin cell walls…read more
· Large surface area for absoprtion
· Good blood supply due to extensive
network of capillaries to absorb the
products of digestion by diffusion
and active transport
· Very thin outer layer of cells for
digested molecules to absorb
· Contain microvilli which increase
the surface area…read more