- Created by: 14littlee
- Created on: 30-04-17 11:43
- What factors increase hazard risks
- Urbanisation- more people live in cities meaning more people are affected by a natural hazard in the area.
- Location- most large cities are on the coast, so people are more exposed to hazards such as hurricanes and tsunamis.
- Population growth- the number of people on the planet is growing so more people are exposed to natural hazards meaning more death and damage are likely.
- Deforestation- makes hillsides more unstable so landslides are more likely in earthquakes or from heavy rain.
- Global warming- increases the number of natural hazards such as hurricanes, floods and droughts.