- Unsuccessful Tactics
- Chemicals used to destroy forests.
- As US casualties rose, they sent bombing raids on North.
- War sapped up morale of US soldiers and many were new recruits.
- US did not understand patriotism of Vietnamese people.
- Viet Cong received aid from USSR and China.
- North Vietnamese hid industries, stored arms underground & had women and children keeping transport routes open.
- Almost impossible to win against Guerilla warfare. Only way to win was to support local population.