- Type 1 Diabetes
- What is it? Difficulty controlling blood sugar levels. Early onset diabetes.
- Causes: Body not producing enough insulin. Caused by auto immune condition, immune system attacks insulin producing cells in the pancreas.
- Symptoms: Thirsty, Weight loss, Excessive use of toilet, Itchiness of genitals, Constipation, Tiredness, More likely to get thrush, Cramp. SYMPTOMS OCCUR RAPIDLY.
- Treatment: - Insulin injections 2 to 4 a day, - Insulin pump - Insulin to flow in blood stream, - Insulin does - depends on blood glucose levels and amount of carbs eaten, Lifestyle - Healthy eating, No smoking or drinking.
- PIESF: P - More exercise, I - Miss lessons for treatment, No concentration, E - Stressful, Painful, Self-conscious, S - Well prepared, Find somewhere private to do injections, F - Some jobs unable to be done.
Similar Health & Social Care resources: