- Created by: chloejadebutlerx
- Created on: 16-05-17 14:58
What is Type 2 Diabetes?
When the body doesn't produce enough insulin or the body's cells don't react to insulin.
1 of 6
What causes Type 2 Diabetes?
- The body doesn't produce enough insulin
- The body's cells don't react to insulin
2 of 6
What are the Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes?
- Urinating very frequently
- Feeling tired
- Slow healing wounds
- Feeling very thirsty
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
3 of 6
What are the Impacts of Type 2 Diabetes?
- Worried about affect on health
- A stroke
- Heart disease
- Kidney damage
- Income decreases due to time off work
- Greater knowledge of type 2 diabetes
4 of 6
What are the Lifestyle Changes for Type 2 Diabetes
- Regular exercise to increase energy demands
- Following a healthy diet, rich in carbohydrates but low in fats to help stabilise glucose levels
- Checking blood glucose levels regularly
5 of 6
What Treatment is Available for Type 2 Diabetes?
- Lifestyle changes
- Prescribed drugs e.g. metaformin
6 of 6
Similar Health & Social Care resources: