- Turling (Essex)
- Population of 741 people
- Northeast of London, near Chelmsford.
- Not many services- bus runs twice a week, doctors surgery open just 5 hours a week, the pub has closed.
- The dairy farms no longer provide jobs due to milk process dropping.
- Grain prices then soared so the land is now used for arable farming
- Outside seasonal farming contractors are brought in to plough, sow and harvest before they then leave.
- House prices are high- a traditional cottage can sell up to £750,000
- Train station is 5 minutes drive away in Hatfield Pererel with trains every 1/2 an hour
- Suburbanised village (dormant village).
- Close to A12
Similar Geography resources: