- The Impact of the BPS Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Participants' welfare is now treated above psychological advancement
- Participants are not referred to as 'subjects' as this suggested psychological distance
- Psychology undergraduates are not allowed to conduct experiments on the vulnerable or people under 18.
- Greater awareness of human rights.
- Developments in the media has meant that we have greater awareness of studies.
- Research ethics committees can safeguard and approval of more effective research (e.g. removing gender bias)