- Created by: rhia145
- Created on: 28-03-14 15:05
- Sex & Gender Definitions
- Definition of Androgyny - A type of gender where an individual shows high levels of both gender's traits.
- Definition of Femininity - A gender term associated with female traits/roles.
- Definition of Gender - A psychological term that tells us whether an individual is masculine or feminine.
- Definition of Chromosome - A part of a cell that contains genetic information.
- Definition of Hormone - A chemical produced by the body that affects cells and organs.
- Definition of Oedipus Complex - A conflict that occurs when boys unconsciously desire their mother but fear their father finding out.
- Definition of Electra Complex - A conflict that occurs when girls unconsciously desire their father, but worry about losing their mother's love.
- Definition of Testosterone - A hormone which is produced in the male body and is said to effect their behaviour and body.
- Definition of Oestrogen - A hormone which is produced in the female body and is said to affect their behaviour and body e.g. more sensitive.
Similar Psychology resources: