- processes associated with rivers
- Solution - soluble materials like calcium carbonate dissolve.
- Suspension - small particles carried in the river
- Saltation - sand and gravel bounce along the bottom.
- Traction - large material rolled along the bottom of the river
- Hydraulic Action - water crashes into gaps in the soil and rock, compressing the air
- Abrasion - the flowing water picks up rocks from the bed that smash against channel sides
- Corrosion - some minerals dissolve in the slight acid in water (limestone).