- IGNORANCE - Not knowing or wanting to know the facts
- PRIDE/SELFISH- Thinking only of self interest; failing to consider the needs of others; jealous of others.
- FEAR - Being uncertain of the implications of others; not sure of the purposes of others/ afraid of what might happen
- THEOLOGY - Failing to see and believe that all humans are equal in value in their own right
- EXPERIENCE - Having had a bad experience in the past with a particular group of people or person from that group
- ANGER - Reacting after some event or tragedy, thought to be the fault of a particular group of people.
- PARENTAL/PEERS - Accepting the views and attitudes of others without questioning or challenging; not thinking of ones self