- P7.4 The Sun, The Stars and their Surroundings
- All objects emit EM radiation. As the temperature increases, the amount of radiation at high frequencies increases.
- Hertzsprung-Russel Diagram
- Stars spend most of their lives in the main sequence.
- Temperature on the x-axis. Luminosity on the y-axis.
- Pressure, Volume and Temperature
- Star and Star System Formation
- 1] After the Big Bang, it took 300,000 years for stable hydrogen and helium atoms to form.
- 2] Gradually these atoms began to group together into gas clouds called nebulae.
- 3] GE transfers to heat energy as gas particles are attracted towards the centre.
- 4] Gravity in the nebulae tugs every atom towards every other atom so the coud experiences grasvitational collapse and shrinks into a swirling disc. It becomes a proto-star.
- 5] Fusion reactions start at 15 million°c which converts hydrogen to helium.
- 6] Material further out in disc clumps together to form planets.
- Volume/ Temperature X Constant (with no pressure change).
Similar Physics resources: