- Graphics - Question 14
- In gravure printing, the image is made up of small holes sunk in the surface of the printing plate.
- The holes (cells) are filled with ink and any excess is removed.
- Paper comes into contact with the ink in the holes when it is pressed against the plate.
- Applications of ICT and Desktop Publishing
- Computer systems and peripheral packages available for ICT: word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing and graphics packages.
- Mail merge is when letters can be personalised from a database.
- Spreadsheets enable you to put information into a grid. The sections in the grids are called cells.
- Desktop publishing is used to produce: magazines, newsletters, leaflets and company stationary.
- + / - of Internet
- Advantage: Increased Reach Using information technology, a marketer can reach an enormous number of people with just the click of a button.
- Advantage: Speed and Flexibility Technology allows advertisers to respond quickly to changes in the marketplace
- Disadvantage: Competition What makes all of these technological developments less than perfect is that they are available to everyone.
- Disadvantage: Homogenization Digital technologies make replication so easy, no marketer can have an edge on the competition for very long, because others will copy whatever is effective.
Similar Design & Technology: Graphics resources: