- Factors that Make an Earthquake Hazardous
- Distance from the epicentre-the further away you are, the safer you are.
- Rural or urban areas-more dangerous in urban areas because tall buildings fall over and kill people.
- MEDC/LEDC-MEDCs recover faster than LEDCs so they're less hazardous than them.
- Emergency response- makes an earthquake less hazardous because aid is ready to arrive.
- Time of day-if it's night it's more hazardous because it's hard to see so it's harder to stay safe and avoid harm.
- Surface/rock type-if liquefied rocks are affected by the earthquake they will create dangerous mudslides.