- Fashion Blocks
- A pattern is the template from which the parts of a garment are traced onto fabric before being cut or assembled.
- the shape of the block is refined by making a series of mock-up garments
- A block pattern is used in industrial production and is a custom-fitter, basic pattern from which patterns for many different styles can be devloped.
- Process of changing the size of a finished pattern is called grading
- CAD programme can be used to construct
- Computerised pattern design systems= can design pattern pieces, grade them for different size, produce an economical lay plan used for automated cutting and simulate the finished product.