- Evidence for secularisation
- The main cause is the increasingly rational, scientific outlook in society.
- A contributing factor seems to be the move towards a multi faith society.
- British survey-people not following a religion increased, this suggests an increase in athesism and is evidence for secularisation.
- Attendance has gone down , it was 11.1% and is now 6.6%.
- A decline in number of Church Weddings, however increased as a percentage of all marriages
- However, couples may marry in a Church for reasons other than religious beliefs such as please their families
Similar Sociology resources: