- Describe the features of the Treaty of Versailles
- Germany had to give land to their Allies. Altogether Germany lost 13% of its European territory. 50% iron & 15% coal
- Germany had to also pay Reparations to their Allies. Altogether Germany had to pay £6600 million. This left Germans harder to recover as they were already bankrupt and in an unstable position.
- Germans Armed Froces had to be reduced within a huge amount . The Army reduces to 100,000, along with no air force (existing had to be destroyed) The navy was limited to 6 battleships only.
- The Germans also had to accept blame. Germans blamed the government for signing the treaty and so Germans thought that the government stabbed them in the back (Dolchtoss)