- Created by: Elphie2004
- Created on: 10-03-20 19:39
- Chemical Analysis
- Pure substances are made up of a single element or compound. (eg: water only contains H2O molecules)
- Melting- The change from solid to liquid.
- Melting Point- The specific temperature at which melting occurs. Each pure substance has a specific melting point.
- Calculating the Rf value: 1.Measure the total distance moved by the solvent 2.Measure the distance traveled for each substance 3.Equation: Rf value= distance moved by substance divided by distance moved by solvent