- synthesis of ATP from ADP and phosphate , by oxidative and substrate level phosphorylation. In mitochondria electrons pass down the electron transport chain, as the electrons are passed from one carrier to the next the electron loses energy which is used to pass protons into the inner membrane of the mitochondria, once a high concentration of protons is formed the protons pass back via ATPSynathse and provide energy which is used to combine ADP with phosphate to form ATP
- immediate source of energy, only released in small manageable amounts (sufficient) easily reformed as one single bond is broken in one single step reaction readily diffuses rapid instant energy as unstable bond breaks
- the enzyme ATPhase breaks down ATP
- used in protein synthesis, muscle contractions, the activation of cells as it lowers activation energy,also used in active transport, plants respire in dark to produce more ATP produced during photosynthesise is not sufficient
- ATPThe syntehsis of ATP from ADP and phosphatATP is used for muscle contraction, active transport and biosynthesisATP is made in the mitochondria via substrate level phosphorylation in respiration 5 mark model answer: releases energy immediately in small manageable amount and rapidly as single unstable bond is broken, ATP lowers the activation energy and is refromedADP and Pi react to form ATP, ATP synthase catalyses this reaction which releases energy (condensation reaction) ATP can be hydrolyised bakc into ADP and Pi releasing energy used in...