Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. When is prehistory roughly thought to have begun?
- 20-30 million years ago.
- 6-7 million years ago.
- 7-8 million years ago.
7. Which of these is an example of naming a culture after where it is from?
- All of the above.
8. When did Darwin write his Origins of Species?
9. What is an assemblage?
- An early human (not including animals).
- An early animal (including humans).
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
10. Why is the term "prehistory" problematic?
- Different countries developed writing at different points in their history.
- It's too far back to know what really happened.
- Radioarbon dating only goes as far back as 40,000 years.
11. What is the first written language discovered?
- Mycenaean Greek.
12. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
13. When is prehistory usually thought to begin?
- When homo sapiens appear.
- When writing begins in a country.
- When Neanderthals appear.
- When people start speaking.