Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What is an assemblage?
- An early animal (including humans).
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- An early human (not including animals).
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
7. A frequently occurring assemblage is indicative of a culture. True or false?
8. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
9. Who coined the term "prehistory"?
- Heinrich Schliemann.
- Christian Jurgensen Thomsen.
- Daniel Wilson.
- Charles Darwin.
10. What is an archaeological culture?
- How refined a group of peoples were.
- The social stratification of a culture.
- Groupings of peoples, here in prehistoric times.
- When an organism grows on a find; we can examine this to tell us about what they ate at the site when it was occupied.
11. When is prehistory roughly thought to have begun?
- 20-30 million years ago.
- 6-7 million years ago.
- 7-8 million years ago.
12. Why is the term "prehistory" problematic?
- Radioarbon dating only goes as far back as 40,000 years.
- Different countries developed writing at different points in their history.
- It's too far back to know what really happened.