Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. When is prehistory roughly thought to have begun?
- 20-30 million years ago.
- 6-7 million years ago.
- 7-8 million years ago.
7. What is an assemblage?
- An early human (not including animals).
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
- An early animal (including humans).
8. What is an archaeological culture?
- Groupings of peoples, here in prehistoric times.
- The social stratification of a culture.
- When an organism grows on a find; we can examine this to tell us about what they ate at the site when it was occupied.
- How refined a group of peoples were.
9. The Natufian culture (~11,000-8,000BC) shows recurring plastered human skulls in this limited time period. What is this an example of?
- A culture.
- An assemblage.
10. When did Darwin write his Origins of Species?
11. What is meant by "protohistory"?
- The point at which a certain country develops dance.
- The point at which a certain country develops agriculture.
- The point at which a certain country develops writing.
- The point at which a certain country develops religion.
12. When is prehistory usually thought to begin?
- When writing begins in a country.
- When Neanderthals appear.
- When homo sapiens appear.
- When people start speaking.
13. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)