Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What is an archaeological culture?
- How refined a group of peoples were.
- Groupings of peoples, here in prehistoric times.
- When an organism grows on a find; we can examine this to tell us about what they ate at the site when it was occupied.
- The social stratification of a culture.
7. When did Darwin write his Origins of Species?
8. A frequently occurring assemblage is indicative of a culture. True or false?
9. What is the first written language discovered?
- Mycenaean Greek.
10. What is meant by "protohistory"?
- The point at which a certain country develops writing.
- The point at which a certain country develops dance.
- The point at which a certain country develops agriculture.
- The point at which a certain country develops religion.
11. What is an assemblage?
- An early animal (including humans).
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- An early human (not including animals).
12. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)
13. Why is the term "prehistory" problematic?
- Radioarbon dating only goes as far back as 40,000 years.
- Different countries developed writing at different points in their history.
- It's too far back to know what really happened.