1. What is not true about a capillary ?
- Lumen is the same diameter as a red blood cell
- There are elastic tissue in the walls to squeeze the erythrocytes through
- Walls made from a single row of flattened endothelium cells (Reduce diffusion distance)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The higher the partial pressure of O2 the ....?
- The flatter the dissociation curve
- Higher the oxygen saturation with heamoglobin
- Lower the oxygen saturation with heamoglobin
3. Which of these steps are not found in the cardiac cycle?
- Atrial Systole - The atria contract and push the blood in the ventricls
- Ventricular systole- The ventricles contract and the atrio -ventricular valves close making a lub sound and the blood is pushed out of the heart
- Complete cardiac omission -The whole heart stops movement for 0.3 seconds to rest
- Ventricular diastole - Whole heart relaxes and semilunar valves close making the dub sound , blood flows in through vena cava and pulmonary vein
4. Which of these statements are wrong?
- Partial pressure is not measured in kPa
- Fetal heamoglobin has a higher affinity for oxygen than adult heamoglobin
- Bohr effect cause the the association curve to flattern and be lower
5. A single circulatory system is?
- Blood is not always contained in vessels like in a haemocoel
- A system in which the blood flows through the heart once per cycle
- A system in which the blood flows through the heart twice per cycle