1. Which out of these have the highest CO2 concentration?
- Tissue Fluid
- Bone marrow
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A closed circulatory system is when ?
- Blood is not always contained in vessels like in a haemocoel
- Blood is always enclosed in blood vessels
- A system in which the blood flows through the heart once per cycle
3. What is not true about a capillary ?
- There are elastic tissue in the walls to squeeze the erythrocytes through
- Walls made from a single row of flattened endothelium cells (Reduce diffusion distance)
- Lumen is the same diameter as a red blood cell
4. What is not a reason that transport systems are needed?
- SA:V - Important cells deep in the body cannot get to the oxygen as the surface area is too small
- Breadth- Animals may have a large surface area so need more oxygen to get trough as there is too much space to fill
- Activity- Very active animals need more nutrients and oxygen and at a higher rate
- Size- Too big and all the nutrients would be used by the cells in the outer layers
5. Which of these steps are not found in the cardiac cycle?
- Atrial Systole - The atria contract and push the blood in the ventricls
- Ventricular systole- The ventricles contract and the atrio -ventricular valves close making a lub sound and the blood is pushed out of the heart
- Complete cardiac omission -The whole heart stops movement for 0.3 seconds to rest
- Ventricular diastole - Whole heart relaxes and semilunar valves close making the dub sound , blood flows in through vena cava and pulmonary vein