1. Which of these is NOT an adaptation for an exchange surface?
- Having a small surface area.
- Being very thin.
- Lots of blood vessels.
- Good ventilation.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is osmosis?
- The way in which large particles move across cell walls in the bloodstream.
- The movement of water molecules across a partially permeable membrane from a region of high water concentration to a region of low water concentration.
- The movement of water particles from an area to low concentration to an area of high concentration.
- The same as diffusion
3. What is the job of the lungs?
- To thin the blood.
- To add oxygen and nitrogen from the air into the blood.
- To transfer oxygen into the blood and remove waste carbon dioxide.
- To add carbon dioxide to the blood.
4. What are sports drinks designed to do?
- Give you dehydration.
- Replace the water, sugar and ions lost through sweat.
- Improve your endurance.
- Reward you after exercise.
5. What is inside the lungs?
- Alveoli - air sacs for gas exchange.
- Air - for breathing.
- Capillaries - to carry the blood.
- Villi - for gas exchange.