1. What is inside the lungs?
- Air - for breathing.
- Alveoli - air sacs for gas exchange.
- Villi - for gas exchange.
- Capillaries - to carry the blood.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of alveoli?
- A large surface area.
- Very thick walls to protect themselves from high pressure.
- A good blood supply.
- Most lining for dissolving gases.
3. What is the job of the lungs?
- To thin the blood.
- To transfer oxygen into the blood and remove waste carbon dioxide.
- To add carbon dioxide to the blood.
- To add oxygen and nitrogen from the air into the blood.
4. Which of these is NOT an adaptation for an exchange surface?
- Having a small surface area.
- Being very thin.
- Lots of blood vessels.
- Good ventilation.
5. Can cells absorb ions from very dilute solutions?
- It depends on the solution.
- No - there are more particles in the cells than in the dilute solution.
- Yes - through active transport.
- I don't know.