1. Can cells absorb ions from very dilute solutions?
- I don't know.
- Yes - through active transport.
- No - there are more particles in the cells than in the dilute solution.
- It depends on the solution.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the job of the lungs?
- To transfer oxygen into the blood and remove waste carbon dioxide.
- To add carbon dioxide to the blood.
- To thin the blood.
- To add oxygen and nitrogen from the air into the blood.
3. How does a cell which is short of water gain water from the surrounding tissue fluid?
- Through active transport.
- Its cell wall/membrane will open to let the water inside.
- Through osmosis.
- Through diffusion.
4. Where is active transport most likely to happen?
- In the digestive system, when nutrients should be taken to the blood.
- In the brain, when neurones are travelling the wrong way.
- At the gym.
- In the lungs, when blood is being oxygenated.
5. What is inside the lungs?
- Villi - for gas exchange.
- Air - for breathing.
- Alveoli - air sacs for gas exchange.
- Capillaries - to carry the blood.