1. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of alveoli?
- Very thick walls to protect themselves from high pressure.
- Most lining for dissolving gases.
- A good blood supply.
- A large surface area.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is active transport most likely to happen?
- In the lungs, when blood is being oxygenated.
- In the digestive system, when nutrients should be taken to the blood.
- At the gym.
- In the brain, when neurones are travelling the wrong way.
3. What is the job of the lungs?
- To thin the blood.
- To transfer oxygen into the blood and remove waste carbon dioxide.
- To add carbon dioxide to the blood.
- To add oxygen and nitrogen from the air into the blood.
4. What are sports drinks designed to do?
- Improve your endurance.
- Give you dehydration.
- Replace the water, sugar and ions lost through sweat.
- Reward you after exercise.
5. What is inside the lungs?
- Alveoli - air sacs for gas exchange.
- Air - for breathing.
- Capillaries - to carry the blood.
- Villi - for gas exchange.