1. What is the job of the lungs?
- To transfer oxygen into the blood and remove waste carbon dioxide.
- To add carbon dioxide to the blood.
- To thin the blood.
- To add oxygen and nitrogen from the air into the blood.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do we need for active transport?
- Two areas of equal;y concentrated liquid.
- A partially permeable membrane.
- Energy to move the particles.
- A sports machine and a vehicle.
3. What is inside the lungs?
- Air - for breathing.
- Alveoli - air sacs for gas exchange.
- Villi - for gas exchange.
- Capillaries - to carry the blood.
4. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of alveoli?
- Very thick walls to protect themselves from high pressure.
- A large surface area.
- Most lining for dissolving gases.
- A good blood supply.
5. How does a cell which is short of water gain water from the surrounding tissue fluid?
- Through diffusion.
- Through osmosis.
- Its cell wall/membrane will open to let the water inside.
- Through active transport.