1. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of alveoli?
- A good blood supply.
- A large surface area.
- Very thick walls to protect themselves from high pressure.
- Most lining for dissolving gases.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is active transport most likely to happen?
- In the lungs, when blood is being oxygenated.
- In the brain, when neurones are travelling the wrong way.
- In the digestive system, when nutrients should be taken to the blood.
- At the gym.
3. Which of these is NOT an adaptation for an exchange surface?
- Having a small surface area.
- Lots of blood vessels.
- Good ventilation.
- Being very thin.
4. What is the job of the lungs?
- To thin the blood.
- To add oxygen and nitrogen from the air into the blood.
- To transfer oxygen into the blood and remove waste carbon dioxide.
- To add carbon dioxide to the blood.
5. What is inside the lungs?
- Alveoli - air sacs for gas exchange.
- Air - for breathing.
- Capillaries - to carry the blood.
- Villi - for gas exchange.