1. Which of these is NOT an adaptation for an exchange surface?
- Being very thin.
- Lots of blood vessels.
- Having a small surface area.
- Good ventilation.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of alveoli?
- A good blood supply.
- Very thick walls to protect themselves from high pressure.
- Most lining for dissolving gases.
- A large surface area.
3. What is inside the lungs?
- Air - for breathing.
- Capillaries - to carry the blood.
- Alveoli - air sacs for gas exchange.
- Villi - for gas exchange.
4. How does a cell which is short of water gain water from the surrounding tissue fluid?
- Through diffusion.
- Through osmosis.
- Its cell wall/membrane will open to let the water inside.
- Through active transport.
5. What is osmosis?
- The way in which large particles move across cell walls in the bloodstream.
- The same as diffusion
- The movement of water molecules across a partially permeable membrane from a region of high water concentration to a region of low water concentration.
- The movement of water particles from an area to low concentration to an area of high concentration.