1. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of alveoli?
- Very thick walls to protect themselves from high pressure.
- A large surface area.
- Most lining for dissolving gases.
- A good blood supply.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do we need for active transport?
- A sports machine and a vehicle.
- Two areas of equal;y concentrated liquid.
- Energy to move the particles.
- A partially permeable membrane.
3. What is osmosis?
- The movement of water particles from an area to low concentration to an area of high concentration.
- The movement of water molecules across a partially permeable membrane from a region of high water concentration to a region of low water concentration.
- The same as diffusion
- The way in which large particles move across cell walls in the bloodstream.
4. What are sports drinks designed to do?
- Improve your endurance.
- Replace the water, sugar and ions lost through sweat.
- Reward you after exercise.
- Give you dehydration.
5. What is the job of the lungs?
- To thin the blood.
- To add oxygen and nitrogen from the air into the blood.
- To transfer oxygen into the blood and remove waste carbon dioxide.
- To add carbon dioxide to the blood.