1. What are sports drinks designed to do?
- Replace the water, sugar and ions lost through sweat.
- Reward you after exercise.
- Improve your endurance.
- Give you dehydration.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT an adaptation of alveoli?
- Very thick walls to protect themselves from high pressure.
- Most lining for dissolving gases.
- A good blood supply.
- A large surface area.
3. What do we need for active transport?
- Energy to move the particles.
- Two areas of equal;y concentrated liquid.
- A partially permeable membrane.
- A sports machine and a vehicle.
4. Can cells absorb ions from very dilute solutions?
- I don't know.
- It depends on the solution.
- Yes - through active transport.
- No - there are more particles in the cells than in the dilute solution.
5. How does a cell which is short of water gain water from the surrounding tissue fluid?
- Through diffusion.
- Through osmosis.
- Its cell wall/membrane will open to let the water inside.
- Through active transport.