1. Who stated that language can be 'face-saving' or 'face threatening'?
- Zimmerman and West
- Sinclair and Coulthard
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which theorist found the seven functions within children's speech?
3. Which behaviourists believed in a 'Language Acquisition Support System'?
- Skinner and Bruner
- Skinner and Piaget
- Bruner and Chomsky
- Chomsky and Piaget
4. In what order did Rothery's categories come?
- Narrative, report, recount, observation
- Recount, narrative, observation, report
- Observation, recount, report, narrative
- Recount, observation, report, narrative
5. What is it called when a child makes a mistake that is understandable because it conforms to normal patterns of language?
- Conformative error
- Virtuous error
- Understandable error
- Observatory error