1. What is meant by convergence?
- Speaking in a way which is similar to your audience
- Speaking in a way which is markedly different to your audience
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Whose theory discusses equal and unequal encounters featuring a powerful participant and a non-powerful participant?
3. Who stated that language can be 'face-saving' or 'face threatening'?
- Sinclair and Coulthard
- Zimmerman and West
4. In what order did Rothery's categories come?
- Observation, recount, report, narrative
- Recount, narrative, observation, report
- Recount, observation, report, narrative
- Narrative, report, recount, observation
5. Which behaviourists believed in a 'Language Acquisition Support System'?
- Bruner and Chomsky
- Skinner and Bruner
- Skinner and Piaget
- Chomsky and Piaget