1. What is meant by convergence?
- Speaking in a way which is similar to your audience
- Speaking in a way which is markedly different to your audience
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name of the theory that foudn evidence that men interupt more and try to control conversations?
- Dominance theory
- Deficit theory
- Difference theory
3. Which theorist found the seven functions within children's speech?
4. Under which topic do politeness strategies fall?
- Child language acquisition
5. Whose theory discusses equal and unequal encounters featuring a powerful participant and a non-powerful participant?