1. Who stated that language can be 'face-saving' or 'face threatening'?
- Sinclair and Coulthard
- Zimmerman and West
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name of the theory that foudn evidence that men interupt more and try to control conversations?
- Difference theory
- Dominance theory
- Deficit theory
3. What is it called when a child makes a mistake that is understandable because it conforms to normal patterns of language?
- Observatory error
- Understandable error
- Virtuous error
- Conformative error
4. What is meant by convergence?
- Speaking in a way which is similar to your audience
- Speaking in a way which is markedly different to your audience
5. Which theorist found the seven functions within children's speech?