1. what causes the motion of the plates?
- the plates move because of the rotation of the earth
- the plates move because are slowly breaking up
- the plates move because of huge forces caused by convection currents
- the plates move because the ocean slowly pushes them
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. what happens at plate boundaries?
- at the plate boundaries there tends to be volcanoes and earthquakes occurring due to the movement of the plates
- various natural disasters
- there are huge ravines where the plates have moves away from each other
- there is no way of telling where the boundaries are
3. why have carbon levels been increasing?
- modern machinery requires carbon to function
- there are too many people being born causing more carbon dioxide to be released into the atmosphere
- the burning of fossil fuels is adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere faster than it can be removed. This means that the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is increasing, contributing to global warming.
- not enough trees are being grown to take in the carbon dioxide and release oxygen
4. what is the carbon cycle?
- the carbon cycle shows how carbon reacts with different metals
- the carbon cycle shows how carbon is moved from place to place around the earth
- the carbon cycle shows how the body releases carbon dioxide
- the carbon cycle shows how volcanoes are created
5. what is the Miller-Urey Experiment?
- the aim was to see if substances now made by living things could be formed in the conditions thought to have existed on the early earth.
- the Miller-Urey experiment tested to see if life began in a pond or ocean as a result of the combination of chemicals from the atmosphere and some form of energy to make amino acids
- the Miller-Urey experiment suggested that the original molecules of life formed with clay that, as it crystallizes, sticks together, is capable of bringing in more clay and thus start a mechanism for selecting materials
- the Miller-Urey experiment is a fissure in a planet's surface from which geothermally heated water issues.