1. what are deep sea vents? (hydrothermal vents)
- a heated gap in the sea filled with water
- a hydrothermal vent is a fissure in planet's surface from which geothermally heated water issues. hydrothermal vents are commonly found near volcanically active places, areas where tectonic plates are moving apart, ocean basins and hotspots.
- a deep gap in the sea floor
- a place where only some animals can live
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the Miller-Urey Experiment?
- the aim was to see if substances now made by living things could be formed in the conditions thought to have existed on the early earth.
- the Miller-Urey experiment is a fissure in a planet's surface from which geothermally heated water issues.
- the Miller-Urey experiment tested to see if life began in a pond or ocean as a result of the combination of chemicals from the atmosphere and some form of energy to make amino acids
- the Miller-Urey experiment suggested that the original molecules of life formed with clay that, as it crystallizes, sticks together, is capable of bringing in more clay and thus start a mechanism for selecting materials
3. what is continental drift?
- continental drift is a theory that suggests the original molecules of life formed within clay
- continental drift is a solid piece of debris from a source such as an asteroid or a comet
- continental drift is when heat release from radio active processes cause convection currents
- continental drift is a fissure in a planet's surface from which geothermally heated water issues
4. What are the layers of the earth?
- top, middle, bottom
- crust, magma, outer core, inner core
- crust, mantle, outer core, inner core
- earth, plates, lava, core
5. what causes the motion of the plates?
- the plates move because of huge forces caused by convection currents
- the plates move because are slowly breaking up
- the plates move because the ocean slowly pushes them
- the plates move because of the rotation of the earth