1. what causes the motion of the plates?
- the plates move because are slowly breaking up
- the plates move because of huge forces caused by convection currents
- the plates move because of the rotation of the earth
- the plates move because the ocean slowly pushes them
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the carbon cycle?
- the carbon cycle shows how volcanoes are created
- the carbon cycle shows how the body releases carbon dioxide
- the carbon cycle shows how carbon is moved from place to place around the earth
- the carbon cycle shows how carbon reacts with different metals
3. what are meteorites?
- unidentified rocks on earth
- a heavy rock that comes from space
- a meteorite is a solid piece of debris from a source such as an asteroid or a comet, which originates in outer space and survives its impact with the earth's surface. it is called a meteoroid before its impact, a meteorite's size can range from S-XL
- parts of the moon
4. What are the layers of the earth?
- top, middle, bottom
- crust, mantle, outer core, inner core
- earth, plates, lava, core
- crust, magma, outer core, inner core
5. why have carbon levels been increasing?
- the burning of fossil fuels is adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere faster than it can be removed. This means that the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is increasing, contributing to global warming.
- there are too many people being born causing more carbon dioxide to be released into the atmosphere
- not enough trees are being grown to take in the carbon dioxide and release oxygen
- modern machinery requires carbon to function