1. What were the main causes of the purges?
- The Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and Stalin's death
- Kirov's death and the peasant revolts
- Stalin's personality, the Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and the murder of Kirov
- Stalin's personality, the Congress of Victors and Ryutin's death
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the economic impacts of Terror?
- Managers lied about productipn levels so their factories could gain more employees
- Peasants had to pay triple taxes for a year
- Corruption and falsification production levels as managers fear failure to meet targets and a loss of skilled labour due to targeting of the intelligentsia
- The economy began to improve as many targets were met
3. What were the results of the Purges?
- Social control but a lack of political control
- Lacklustre economy, decimation of the armed forces and social and political control of society
- Decimation of the armed forces and people as well as mass famine
- Booming economy, decimation of the people, political control
4. What were the social impacts of the Terror?
- Friends and family of the victims were likely to become victims themselves and social bonds of friendship breakdown due to fear
- Frienship broke down because propaganda said people were better when they were independent
- Families of the victims gained compensation
- More people attended social events to console those who had lost a family member to the purges.
5. Who took over control of the NKVD after Yezhov in 1938?