1. What were the main causes of the purges?
- Kirov's death and the peasant revolts
- Stalin's personality, the Congress of Victors and Ryutin's death
- Stalin's personality, the Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and the murder of Kirov
- The Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and Stalin's death
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who took over as head of the NKVD after vagoda?
3. Who took over control of the NKVD after Yezhov in 1938?
4. What were the economic impacts of Terror?
- Peasants had to pay triple taxes for a year
- Corruption and falsification production levels as managers fear failure to meet targets and a loss of skilled labour due to targeting of the intelligentsia
- Managers lied about productipn levels so their factories could gain more employees
- The economy began to improve as many targets were met
5. What were the results of the Purges?
- Social control but a lack of political control
- Lacklustre economy, decimation of the armed forces and social and political control of society
- Decimation of the armed forces and people as well as mass famine
- Booming economy, decimation of the people, political control