1. Who took over as head of the NKVD after vagoda?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who took over control of the NKVD after Yezhov in 1938?
3. What were the main causes of the purges?
- Stalin's personality, the Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and the murder of Kirov
- Stalin's personality, the Congress of Victors and Ryutin's death
- The Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and Stalin's death
- Kirov's death and the peasant revolts
4. What were the economic impacts of Terror?
- Corruption and falsification production levels as managers fear failure to meet targets and a loss of skilled labour due to targeting of the intelligentsia
- Peasants had to pay triple taxes for a year
- The economy began to improve as many targets were met
- Managers lied about productipn levels so their factories could gain more employees
5. What were the results of the Purges?
- Decimation of the armed forces and people as well as mass famine
- Social control but a lack of political control
- Lacklustre economy, decimation of the armed forces and social and political control of society
- Booming economy, decimation of the people, political control