1. Who were killed in the Trial of the 17?
- Radek and Sokolnikov
- Zinoviev and Kamenev
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the social impacts of the Terror?
- Friends and family of the victims were likely to become victims themselves and social bonds of friendship breakdown due to fear
- More people attended social events to console those who had lost a family member to the purges.
- Frienship broke down because propaganda said people were better when they were independent
- Families of the victims gained compensation
3. Who took over as head of the NKVD after vagoda?
4. What were the main causes of the purges?
- Stalin's personality, the Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and the murder of Kirov
- Kirov's death and the peasant revolts
- Stalin's personality, the Congress of Victors and Ryutin's death
- The Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and Stalin's death
5. Who took over control of the NKVD after Yezhov in 1938?