1. Who were killed in the Trial of the 17?
- Zinoviev and Kamenev
- Radek and Sokolnikov
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who took over control of the NKVD after Yezhov in 1938?
3. Who took over as head of the NKVD after vagoda?
4. What were the social impacts of the Terror?
- Friends and family of the victims were likely to become victims themselves and social bonds of friendship breakdown due to fear
- Frienship broke down because propaganda said people were better when they were independent
- Families of the victims gained compensation
- More people attended social events to console those who had lost a family member to the purges.
5. What were the results of the Purges?
- Decimation of the armed forces and people as well as mass famine
- Social control but a lack of political control
- Lacklustre economy, decimation of the armed forces and social and political control of society
- Booming economy, decimation of the people, political control