1. Who were killed in the Trial of the 17?
- Radek and Sokolnikov
- Zinoviev and Kamenev
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who took over as head of the NKVD after vagoda?
3. What were the social impacts of the Terror?
- Families of the victims gained compensation
- More people attended social events to console those who had lost a family member to the purges.
- Friends and family of the victims were likely to become victims themselves and social bonds of friendship breakdown due to fear
- Frienship broke down because propaganda said people were better when they were independent
4. What were the main causes of the purges?
- Kirov's death and the peasant revolts
- Stalin's personality, the Congress of Victors and Ryutin's death
- Stalin's personality, the Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and the murder of Kirov
- The Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and Stalin's death
5. What were the benefits to Stalin of Kirov's death?
- He had a pretext to purge anyone in the Party that he felt might be a threat and and opportunity to ensure the population was under his control
- He had a pretext to purge anyone in the Party who agreed with his ideas
- He could get rid of Yagoda
- He could kill everyone in the Party and rule completely alone