1. What is a substantive definition?
- An attempt to define religion by characteristics
- An attempt to explain what religion really is
- Definitions that focus on the role religion plays for society
- Terms for beliefs that give meaning to the world
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
3. What is the name for religions that are based around one god?
- Polytheistic religions
- Monotheistic religions
4. Define a polytheistic religion.
- Religions based around the worship of many gods
- Religions based around the worship of one god
- Beliefs that give meaning to the world
- Events or activities that involve ritualistic patterns and generate similar sentiments
5. What is a charismatic leader?
- A leader that is benevolent
- A leader with a powerful and magnetic personality
- A leader with charisma and character
- An authoritative and totalitarian leader