1. What is 'disengagement'?
- Where religious institutions become less engaged with wider aspects ofsocial life
- The decline of religious belief
- The population become disenchanted with the idea of religion
- Seeing the failures in science
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
3. What are definitions that focus on religion's effect on society?
- Polythetic definitions
- Marxist definitions
- Functional definitions
- Substantive definitions
4. What is a substantive definition?
- Definitions that focus on the role religion plays for society
- An attempt to define religion by characteristics
- An attempt to explain what religion really is
- Terms for beliefs that give meaning to the world
5. What was enlightenment?
- The period of being enlightened
- Associated with 19th century where reason became leading principle
- Associated with 18th century where reason became leading principle
- The decline in religious belief