1. What is a substantive definition?
- An attempt to define religion by characteristics
- An attempt to explain what religion really is
- Definitions that focus on the role religion plays for society
- Terms for beliefs that give meaning to the world
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was enlightenment?
- The decline in religious belief
- Associated with 18th century where reason became leading principle
- Associated with 19th century where reason became leading principle
- The period of being enlightened
3. What is the name for things which are regarded with awe and reverence?
- Sacred canopy
- Cultic/holistic milieu
4. Define 'polytheistic'.
- Religions defined by characteristics
- Relgions based around gods
- Religions based around more than one god
- Non-religious groups
5. What does 'ideology' mean?
- Oppressive values
- A set of ideas that legitimates the power of a group
- Policies of a political party