1. After what time were they asked to recall them?
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 hours
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 seconds
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 minutes
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. after 18 seconds what percentage were recalled correctly?
3. In Peterson and Petersons experiment (1959) what were participants shown?
- nonsense trigrams
4. what were they asked to do during this time?
- do nothing
- coutn backwards in threes from a given number
- sit in silence recalling the trigrams in their heads
5. what was their conclusion?
- when rehearsal is prevented,very little can stay in the STM for no longer than around 18 seconds
- when rehearsal is prevented nothing can stay in the memory for shorter than 18 seconds
- when rehearsal is carried out nothing stays in the memory