1. Define capacity?
- the amount you can remember without forgetting
- how much can be held in the memory
- how much you can remember
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what was their conclusion?
- when rehearsal is carried out nothing stays in the memory
- when rehearsal is prevented,very little can stay in the STM for no longer than around 18 seconds
- when rehearsal is prevented nothing can stay in the memory for shorter than 18 seconds
3. After 3 seconds what percentage of participants could recall the trigrams correctly?
4. after 18 seconds what percentage were recalled correctly?
5. Define encoding?
- coding something in your memory
- transferring information into code, creating a 'trace'
- giving a memory a code