1. Define capacity?
- how much can be held in the memory
- how much you can remember
- the amount you can remember without forgetting
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. After what time were they asked to recall them?
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 seconds
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 minutes
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 hours
3. what were they asked to do during this time?
- do nothing
- coutn backwards in threes from a given number
- sit in silence recalling the trigrams in their heads
4. what was their conclusion?
- when rehearsal is prevented,very little can stay in the STM for no longer than around 18 seconds
- when rehearsal is prevented nothing can stay in the memory for shorter than 18 seconds
- when rehearsal is carried out nothing stays in the memory
5. In Peterson and Petersons experiment (1959) what were participants shown?
- nonsense trigrams