1. After what time were they asked to recall them?
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 seconds
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 minutes
- 3,6,9,12,15,18 hours
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what were they asked to do during this time?
- coutn backwards in threes from a given number
- sit in silence recalling the trigrams in their heads
- do nothing
3. what was their conclusion?
- when rehearsal is prevented,very little can stay in the STM for no longer than around 18 seconds
- when rehearsal is prevented nothing can stay in the memory for shorter than 18 seconds
- when rehearsal is carried out nothing stays in the memory
4. After 3 seconds what percentage of participants could recall the trigrams correctly?
5. Define encoding?
- transferring information into code, creating a 'trace'
- giving a memory a code
- coding something in your memory