1. During anaerobic respiration, pyruvate is used to make....
- ethanol and CO2 in plants and Lactate in animals
- ethanol in plants and CO2 and lactate in animals
- lactate in plants and ethanol and CO2 in animals
- ethanol and lactate in plants and CO2 in animals
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the equipment for measuring the rate of respiration called and what is it based on?
- Respiro-matic, based on how fast a duck can spin on its axis
- Respirometer, based on measuring gas volume
- Respirometer, based on measuring distance moved by an organism
- Respiration meter, based on measuring uptake of mass
3. What are the end products of glycolysis?
- pyruvate, ADP and Pi, NADP
- pyruvate, ATP, NADPH
- triose phospate, ATP, NADPH
- triose phospate, ADP and Pi, NADP
4. At the start of glycolysis, glucose is activated by ...................
- Oxidation (gain of oxygen)
- phosphorylation (bonded to 1 phosphate molecule)
- phosphorylation (bonded to 2 phosphate molecules)
- Reduction (gain of Hydrogen atoms)
5. What is the correct sequence of processes for aerobic respiration?
- electron transport chain > krebs cycle > link reaction > glycolysis
- glycolysis > link reaction > krebs cycle > electron transport chain
- glycolysis > krebs cycle > link reaction > electron transport chain
- glycolysis > electron transport chain > link reaction > krebs cycle