1. Lactate produced by anaerobic respiration can be...
- used to accept electrons in the electron transport chain
- converted into glycogen only
- converted into glycogen or oxidised for aerobic respiration
- oxidised for aerobic respiration only
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the yield of Carbon dioxide from aerobic respiration for each molecule of glucose?
- 1 CO2 molecule
- 4 CO2 molecules
- 6 CO2 molecules
- 3 CO2 molecules
3. At the start of glycolysis, glucose is activated by ...................
- Oxidation (gain of oxygen)
- phosphorylation (bonded to 2 phosphate molecules)
- Reduction (gain of Hydrogen atoms)
- phosphorylation (bonded to 1 phosphate molecule)
4. What are the end products of glycolysis?
- pyruvate, ADP and Pi, NADP
- triose phospate, ADP and Pi, NADP
- pyruvate, ATP, NADPH
- triose phospate, ATP, NADPH
5. Where does the electron transport chain take place?
- in the mitochrondial cristae
- in the mitochrondial matrix
- in the cytoplasm