1. Methylene blue is a chemical that models how co-enzymes work by 1............ hydrogen ions, 2.......... it changing the colour 3...............
- 1accepting 2 reducing it 3from blue to colourless
- 1donating 2reducing 3from colourless to blue
- 1accepting 2oxidizing 3from blue to colourless
- 1donating 2oxidizing 3from blue to colourless
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the ETC there are a series of electron carriers. As electrons are passed along them the electrons....
- lose energy
- gain energy
3. What is the correct sequence of processes for aerobic respiration?
- glycolysis > electron transport chain > link reaction > krebs cycle
- glycolysis > link reaction > krebs cycle > electron transport chain
- electron transport chain > krebs cycle > link reaction > glycolysis
- glycolysis > krebs cycle > link reaction > electron transport chain
4. Which of these processes happens in all living cells?
- the krebs cycle
- the link reaction
5. At the end of the ETC, the protons are finally accepted by oxygen to produce water. This makes oxygen the...
- Terminal electron rejector
- terminal electron acceptor
- Terminal proton acceptor
- Terminal neutron acceptor