1. During anaerobic respiration, pyruvate is used to make....
- ethanol and lactate in plants and CO2 in animals
- ethanol in plants and CO2 and lactate in animals
- ethanol and CO2 in plants and Lactate in animals
- lactate in plants and ethanol and CO2 in animals
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Krebs cycle is aided by which co-enzymes to catalyse the removal of hydrogen ions?
- FAD and NAD
- NAD and RAD
- NAD only
- FAD only
3. Where does glycolysis take place?
- in the mitochrondial cristae
- in the cytoplasm
- in the mitochrondial matrix
4. In the electron transport chain, energy from electrons is used to....
- enable O2 to take up CO2 to form glucose
- pump H+ from the inner membrane space into the matrix
- pump H+ from the matrix into the inner membrane space
- enable O2 to take up electrons
5. Methylene blue is a chemical that models how co-enzymes work by 1............ hydrogen ions, 2.......... it changing the colour 3...............
- 1donating 2oxidizing 3from blue to colourless
- 1accepting 2 reducing it 3from blue to colourless
- 1accepting 2oxidizing 3from blue to colourless
- 1donating 2reducing 3from colourless to blue