Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- rising education
- decay of social cleavages
- growing economy
- convergence of party policies
- disillusionment with party politics
- TV dominant medium
7. What did John Adams say the House needed to be?
- 'a portrait of the people at large in minature'
- 'a reflection of the American people'
8. What does Swers say about women in Congress?
- 'presence is only the first step'
- 'impact requires more than presence'
9. How much money does a candidate need to successfully run for Congress?
- half a million dollars
- quarter of a million dollars
10. Which authors argue that descriptive representation is needed to bring issues to a certain group to the agenda?
- Swers (women) and Tate (blacks)
- Burke (southerners) and Barber (northerners)
11. What is the likelihood of a churchgoer voting Republican?
12. What are Pitkin's three types of representation?
- Descriptive, Substantive and Symbolic
- Personal, Legal and Moral