Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Who argues that religion has a greater impact on party choice than class in the USA?
7. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- rising education
- decay of social cleavages
- disillusionment with party politics
- TV dominant medium
- growing economy
- convergence of party policies
8. What did John Adams say the House needed to be?
- 'a portrait of the people at large in minature'
- 'a reflection of the American people'
9. How much money does a candidate need to successfully run for Congress?
- half a million dollars
- quarter of a million dollars
10. What are Pitkin's three types of representation?
- Descriptive, Substantive and Symbolic
- Personal, Legal and Moral
11. What is measured by the Alford Index?
- % of working class voting for the left - % of middle class voting for the left
- % of people voting - % of people voting for the left
12. What does Swers say about women in Congress?
- 'presence is only the first step'
- 'impact requires more than presence'