Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Which authors argue that descriptive representation is needed to bring issues to a certain group to the agenda?
- Swers (women) and Tate (blacks)
- Burke (southerners) and Barber (northerners)
7. Which of the following is not a reason why more than 50% of people identify with a party in the US?
- ability to vote for a party in a wide range of offices
- politically informed
- requirement to register
- entrenched two party system
8. What does Swers say about women in Congress?
- 'presence is only the first step'
- 'impact requires more than presence'
9. How much money does a candidate need to successfully run for Congress?
- half a million dollars
- quarter of a million dollars
10. What is measured by the Alford Index?
- % of working class voting for the left - % of middle class voting for the left
- % of people voting - % of people voting for the left
11. How many percent higher is turnout in countries with PR systems?
12. What did John Adams say the House needed to be?
- 'a portrait of the people at large in minature'
- 'a reflection of the American people'