1. what is meant by ineffability?
- a type of vision
- the experience cannot be communicated by words
- the knowledge gained from experience
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. which one is not one of william james' characteristics for religious experiences?
3. Who said religious experience was..."an expression of a persons psychological needs, the argument from personal experience is the one that is most convincing to those who claim to have had one. But it is the least convincing to anyone else"
4. what is a vision?
- Someone believes that they have seen or heard something supernatural or a supernatural being.
- the direct image of God
- the experience of God as a person
5. Which isn't a flaw to the argument?
- There has been thousands of evidence universally
- Drugs and alcohol influence
- Freud psychological theory
- In near death experiences, there could be a lack of oxygen to the brain, particularly the temporal lobe which is the centre for emotion