1. What happens at the anode (positive electrode)?
- Electrophilic substituion
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the oxidation state of monatomic ions?
- The same as the number of electron shells
- The same as the charge
- The same as the number of electrons
- The same as the number of protons
3. Reduction is the....
- gain of electrons
- loss of electrons
- donation of electrons
4. What happens at the cathode (negative electrode)?
- Nucleophilic addition
5. Why do diatomic molecules have an oxidation state of 0?
- They have been reduced
- They haven't lost or gained any electrons
- They lost the same amount of electrons they gained
- They have been oxidised