1. What do these results tell you about how these forces affect the electron?
- The strength of the force of gravity is always stronger than the strength of an electric field.
- The electron would accelerate faster towards the electric field because the force and therefore acceleration is greater (F = ma)
- The strength of an electric field is always stronger than the force of gravity.
- The electron would keep falling due to gravity even if it was in an electric field.
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. An electron of charge -1.6x10^-19 C has an electric force of strength 1.4x10^-8 N acting on it. What is the strength of the electric field it is moving through?
- 8.75x10^10 NC^-1
- 2.24x10^-27 NC^-1
- 1.14x10^-11 NC^-1
- Radish NC^-1
3. What is the strength of the electric force that acts on the electron?
- Banana N
- 2.13x10^-22 N
- 1.2x10^-16 N
- 4.69x10^21 N
4. Calculate the weight of the electron (electron mass = 9.11x10^-31 Kg)
- 1.08x10^31 N
- Orange N
- 8.94x10^-30 N
- 9.29x10^-32 N
5. How does the force exerted on the electron in the electric field compare to the weight of the electron?
- The force exerted on the electron in the electric field is greater than the weight of the electron.
- The weight of the electron is greater than the force exerted on the electron in the electric field.
- The weight of the electron prevents interference from the electric field.
Similar Physics resources: