1. What did Becker find when TV was introduced to Fiji?
- Greater desire to put on weight
- Body views changed & greater desire to lose weight
- Wanted to make more Western channels available to them
- They objected to the Western 'ideal'
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is ineffective parenting a risk factor?
- Confuses internal needs, child seeks greater control
- Child doesn't want to seek help
- It's not. Peers are a greater risk factor in influencing.
- Influences their future parenting
3. Apart from perfectionism what other personality trait do AN's frequently have?
4. What did France do to try and prevent media influences on AN?
- Sign a Charter of Goodwill - diversity of body types in media
- More diverse models chosen for Paris Fashion Week
- Started broadcasting anti-dieting programmes
- Organisation targeting adolescents believed to be at risk of AN
5. What can dieting amongst peers lead to?
- Unhealthy weight control behaviours (Diet Pills)
- Controlled dieting with effective outcomes
- Continued negative attitudes towards weight
- Jealousy and fall-outs