1. What can dieting amongst peers lead to?
- Jealousy and fall-outs
- Unhealthy weight control behaviours (Diet Pills)
- Continued negative attitudes towards weight
- Controlled dieting with effective outcomes
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did France do to try and prevent media influences on AN?
- Started broadcasting anti-dieting programmes
- Sign a Charter of Goodwill - diversity of body types in media
- More diverse models chosen for Paris Fashion Week
- Organisation targeting adolescents believed to be at risk of AN
3. What percentage of individuals with AN are men?
4. What did Becker find when TV was introduced to Fiji?
- Greater desire to put on weight
- Body views changed & greater desire to lose weight
- Wanted to make more Western channels available to them
- They objected to the Western 'ideal'
5. What do Anorexics typically feel?
- Positivity towards their bodies
- A lack of control on their lives
- Ignorance to the views of others