1. Cummings did a study to show...
- There was a relationship between production of ghrelin and hunger
- Ob mice got fat after taking away leptin
- Hypothalamus role in hunger
- Satiety signals
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. As food leaves the stomach a hormone called CCK is released. What does this do?
- Induces satiety and can also act as a hunger suppressant (opposite of ghrelin)
- Feeding centre
- Makes you hungry
- Acts like the lateral hypothalamus
3. The Embryo Protection Hypothesis states that....
- The embryo is sick too
- They are sick of pregnancy
- The reason they are sick is to protect the baby - sick gets rid of any toxins in the body
- The embryo is protecting the mother
4. What do we use to test the evolutionary hypothesis instead?
- Common knowledge and scientific discoveries from previous studies
- The behavioural approach
- Knowledge, fossil evidence, teeth, digestive system of skeletons
5. Who tested taste aversion learning with wolves?