1. What did McGrath et al. find?
- 75% of patients responded well to SD
- After 12 weeks of SD, aerophobics somatic and psychological effects were reduced during a flight simulation apart from 2 participants
- There's no evidence to support substitution of symptoms in SD
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is pragmatic disputing?
- Challenging self-defeating thoughts based upon the idea that irrational thoughts are inconsistent with reality
- Challenging irrational thoughts based upon the idea that these thoughts aren't helpful
- Challenging irrational thoughts based on logic
3. An issue of CBT
- Unable to treat phobias based on evolutionary survival factors
- Involves lots of cognitive processes on the part of the patient this may be inappropriate for those with severe learning difficulties or severe phobic disorders, unlike SD which may be more appropriate reducing CBT's population validity
- SD is more effective in treating phobias
4. What is empirical disputing?
- Irrational thoughts aren't consistent with reality
- Irrational thoughts based on logic
- Challenging irrational thoughts based upon the idea that they are not useful
5. Which study found that when aerophobics went through 12 weeks of SD, they all experienced less somatic and psychological effects to a flight stimulation apart from 2 participants?
- Capafons et al.
- McGrath et al.
- Ohman et al.
Similar Psychology resources: