1. What Ohman et al. state?
- Those with disorders had accurate predictions of the likelihood of an natural disaster
- SD cannot treat all phobias as some are caused by evolutionary survival factors based on ancient fears that were used to aid survival in hunter-gatherer times so the phobia is harder to remove considering SD is based upon past experience
- 75% of patients responded well to SD
- There's no evidence of substitution of symptoms in SD
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which study suggested that there was no evidence of substitution of symptoms
- McGrath et al.
- Ohman et al.
- Capafons et al.
3. What is logical disputing?
- Challenging irrational thoughts based on upon the idea that these thoughts are not useful
- Challenging irrational thoughts based on logic
- Irrational thoughts aren't consistent with reality
4. What did Alloy and Abraham find?
- Those with disorders were accurate in their predictions of the likelihood of an natural disaster
- 52% success rate using just CBT and 85% success rate of CBT and drug treatment
5. Limitation of SD
- Instead of removing symptoms, the symptoms are just substituted for new symptoms which then must be treated also
- Takes too long to carry out, disorders may need to be immediately treated
Similar Psychology resources: