1. Limitation of SD
- Instead of removing symptoms, the symptoms are just substituted for new symptoms which then must be treated also
- Takes too long to carry out, disorders may need to be immediately treated
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Advantage of CBT
- Is effective immediately
- Could be considered a holistic treatment as it tackles both irrational thoughts and the behaviour that occurs as a result
- More effective than SD
3. What is logical disputing?
- Challenging irrational thoughts based on upon the idea that these thoughts are not useful
- Challenging irrational thoughts based on logic
- Irrational thoughts aren't consistent with reality
4. What did Alloy and Abraham find?
- Those with disorders were accurate in their predictions of the likelihood of an natural disaster
- 52% success rate using just CBT and 85% success rate of CBT and drug treatment
5. What did Keller find?
- 52% success rate using just CBT and a 85% success rate in using more drug treatment and CBT
- There's no evidence of substitution of symptoms
- 75% of patients responded well to SD
Similar Psychology resources: