1. What were the 3 houses?
- work house, poor house, house of correction
- Work house, poor house, House of Criminals
- Support house, poor house, House of Correction
- Work hosue, Pentioners house, house of correction
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who are the Undeserving?
- Hard working people
3. What was the 2nd settlement act?
- each family could claim up to 3 houses in their parish
- Each new family could claim £20 from each parish
- Settlement certificate is needed
- Parishes could only accept 12 families
4. What does ABSOLUTE poverty mean?
- All parishes
- Lack of income and cant meet basic needs
- people in the work house
- Has some money and are able to buy basic needs
5. who are the DESERVING poor?
- Elderly, Children and sick
- all adults
- Pregnant women