1. What was the Gilberts Act?
- a new kind of support
- support for children
- Allowed parishes to join into unions
- Gilbert was the first to be an overseeker of the poor
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the governemtns attitude in C19?
- They needed to find the solution to end poverty
- poverty wasnt their responsibillity
- They were desperate to solve poverty
- Poverty was all there fault
3. What year were the SETTLEMENT ACTS?
4. What was the Workhouse test?
- To see how desperate the person needed support
- To see which part of the workhouse would suit them best
- Health and safety
- to see if their IQ was high enough to work in the Workhouse
5. What is outdoor relief?
- Support for people who couldnt afford to go into the workhouse
- support for poor who couldnt afford food
- Support for poor in their own homes
- support for the homeless