1. What was the Workhouse test?
- To see which part of the workhouse would suit them best
- Health and safety
- To see how desperate the person needed support
- to see if their IQ was high enough to work in the Workhouse
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. who are the DESERVING poor?
- Pregnant women
- Elderly, Children and sick
- all adults
3. What was the statistics for the Gilberts Act?
- 1697=59 unions
- 1834=67 unions
- 1768=79 unions
- 1859=74 unions
4. What year were the SETTLEMENT ACTS?
5. What was the Knatchball Act?
- families could own 4 pets
- Children could not be put to work until they were 7 years of age
- Parish officers could buy buildings to use as Workhouses and could apply to do the workhouse test
- Knatchball was the first person to allow intergrating parishes