1. What was in 1858?
- Paupers rebelled against parishes
- The first Workhouse built
- The Great Stink
- 67 unions were created
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does ABSOLUTE poverty mean?
- Lack of income and cant meet basic needs
- Has some money and are able to buy basic needs
- people in the work house
- All parishes
3. Who are Paupers?
- Overseekers of the poor
- poeple who cant afford basic needs and recieve support
- Parish owners
- Animal Trainers
4. What does LAISSEZ FAIRE mean?
- let them work
- Let it go
- Let it be
- let them work it out
5. What was the Workhouse test?
- To see which part of the workhouse would suit them best
- Health and safety
- To see how desperate the person needed support
- to see if their IQ was high enough to work in the Workhouse