1. What were the 3 houses?
- Support house, poor house, House of Correction
- Work hosue, Pentioners house, house of correction
- work house, poor house, house of correction
- Work house, poor house, House of Criminals
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Speenhamland system?
- Change of support depending on the price of bread and the number of children
- each family would be given a picnic basket every sunday.
- Each family would get a certain amount of meat depending on the families number
- Once a month eavh Parish would hold a buffet for all families
3. Who was responsible for paupers?
- The Parishes
- The government
- They were responsible for themselves
- The Towns priest.
4. How was the event caused?
- No one cleaning up after animals
- Not completeing chores
- Overflowing Cess pits
- Bad Hygeine routine
5. What was the Gilberts Act?
- Allowed parishes to join into unions
- support for children
- Gilbert was the first to be an overseeker of the poor
- a new kind of support