1. Why is voltage induced when a wire is moved through a magnetic field?
- Field lines are being cut
- the current increases
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do stars produce energy?
- Nuclear fusion of hydrogen
- Nuclear fission of helium
3. According to the Big Bang Theory,what is the composition of the universe?
- Hydrogen ( approx 75%) and helium ( approx 25%) and small quantities of light elements
- Hydrogen ( approx 35%) and helium ( approx 65%) and small quantities of light elements
4. In a generator why is the induced current a.c?
- Coil cuts field lines in one direction, then half a turn later in the opposite direction
- Due to the magnetic field lines being cut
5. When a light ay enters a glass block why does it change direction?
- The light ray slows down- it is refracted
- The light ray speeds up- it is refracted